BREAKING: The Senate is voting on the Keystone XL pipeline today.
Will you take a minute to call your senators and urge them to vote NO on Keystone?
- You can reach your senators via the congressional switchboard at (202) 224-3121.
- Or you can find your senators’ direct lines here.
If built, Keystone will accelerate global warming, adding 27.4 million metric tons of carbon pollution to our atmosphere per year.
The president plans to veto the bill, but to make his veto stand up, we need to win at least 34 votes in the Senate. That’s why your call right now is critical.
If we make our voices heard today, we can help stop Keystone once and for all. Thanks for making it possible.
Environment New York Campaign Director
P.S. If you’ve already made the call, thank you. Please encourage your family and friends to do the same by forwarding this message. Every call counts.
Environment New York
28 W 39th St. 2nd Fl., New York, NY 10018, (646) 473-0905
Facebook | Twitter
Medicine Buddha ( Bhaisajyaguru ) 藥師佛
– Role in Tibetan Buddhism
The practice of Medicine Buddha, the Supreme Healer (or Sangay Menla in Tibetan) is not only a very powerful method for healing and increasing healing powers both for oneself and others, but also for overcoming the inner sickness of attachment, hatred, and ignorance, thus to meditate on the Medicine Buddha can help decrease physical and mental illness and suffering.
The Medicine Buddha mantra is held to be extremely powerful for healing of physical illnesses and purification of negative karma. One form of practice based on the Medicine Buddha is done when one is stricken by disease. The patient is to recite the long Medicine Buddha mantra 108 times over a glass of water. The water is now believed to be blessed by the power of the mantra and the blessing of the Medicine Buddha himself, and the patient is to drink the water. This practice is then repeated each day until the illness is cured.
Tayata Om Bekanze Bekanze Maha BeKanze Radza Samudgate Soha
For more about Medicine Buddha, please visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicine…
The Twelve Vows of the Medicine Buddha upon attaining Enlightenment, according to the Medicine Buddha Sutra are:
1. To illuminate countless realms with his radiance, enabling anyone to become a Buddha just like him.
2. To awaken the minds of sentient beings through his light of lapis lazuli.
3. To provide the sentient beings with whatever material needs they require.
4. To correct heretical views and inspire beings toward the path of the Bodhisattva.
5. To help beings follow the Moral Precepts, even if they failed before.
6. To heal beings born with deformities, illness or other physical sufferings.
7. To help relieve the destitute and the sick.
8. To help women who wish to be reborn as men achieve their desired rebirth.
9. To help heal mental afflictions and delusions.
10. To help the oppressed be free from suffering.
11. To relieve those who suffer from terrible hunger and thirst.
12. To help clothe those who are destitute and suffering from cold and mosquitoes.
May all sentient beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering.
願一切衆生得聞藥師如來佛號, 業障悉消除, 永離苦惡, 速得佛果。