Clinton Scandals: As the media focus on Donald Trump’s mental condition and whether he can be kicked out of office using the 25th Amendment, something far more significant is taking place: Former slam-dunk-future-first-woman-president Hillary Clinton, after avoiding any serious scrutiny for her misconduct while secretary of state, now sits at the center of a growing number of investigations — any of which might lead to a special counsel and criminal charges.
No doubt, Democrats, who with the leftist media allies have ginned up bogus charges of Russian collusion against Donald Trump, would like the Clinton investigations to go away.
But they won’t. In recent weeks, new developments have made it shockingly clear that questions about Clinton’s possibly criminal conduct are growing. All of these have come in the last month:
- The Department of Justice is looking into what looks like a pattern of “pay-to-play” surrounding the Russian-linked Uranium One deal and the Clinton Family Foundation.
- DOJ is taking a hard look at Hillary Clinton’s clearly illegal use of a home-brew email server to conduct classified State Department business, a decision that opened U.S. secrets to possible hacking by the Russians, Chinese and other potential foes. New revelations from a Judicial Watch report show, for instance, that 18 classified emails were found on the laptop of disgraced former Congressman Anthony Weiner, the estranged husband of top Hillary aide Huma Abedin. That’s a clear violation of the law.
- House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, in a deal with the FBI, will get full access to the FBI’s Russian collusion investigation, including unedited files and memos, and access to witnesses. Meanwhile, Nunes also gained access to the banking records of opposition research firm FusionGPS, which may show the extent of Hillary Clinton’s involvement in funding the so-called Clinton dossier that the FBI used to request surveillance on Trump campaign officials.
- As reported in IBD recently, a new Federal Election Commission complaint filed by the Committee to Defend the President (CDP) claims Clinton’s “Hillary Victory Fund” used state chapters of her 2016 campaign to get around campaign donation limits, a violation of the law. “Roughly $84 million may have been laundered in what might be the single largest campaign finance scandal in U.S. history,” wrote Dan Backer, a campaign finance and political lawyer who works with CDP.
- Perhaps most devastating for Clinton, an Office of the Inspector General investigation has been ongoing as part of recent congressional probes. That report is due out Jan. 15, but may already be in the hands of Congress. As the financial website ZeroHedge noted, “The OIG report … is expected to present (OIG’s) findings to Congressional investigators regarding a wide variety of alleged bias and malfeasance by the FBI, the Clinton campaign, and the Obama Administration — both during and after the 2016 election.”
In short, it could be a bombshell that will leave the Clinton Foundation “charity” a smoking crater, and utterly destroy any hopes Hillary Clinton had for a political comeback. And it may also tarnish if not ruin the reputations of a number of high-level officials in the Justice Department and FBI during the Obama years.
Yes, we know. Investigations come and go. They’re an inevitable part of the changing of a government. Maybe so.
But unlike past investigations, which covered up the magnitude of Clinton’s actions and their likely criminal content, the latest ones are not being conducted by Democratic Party partisans from the Deep State who have, in communications revealed to the public, expressed open disdain for their soon-to-be president Trump and fought a rear-guard action to keep Hillary Clinton out of legal danger.
All Americans should root for the same thing: the truth. Based on current investigations and from what we now know of her past actions, which we have written on extensively here, Hillary Clinton will be very lucky indeed to escape not just prosecution, but incarceration.