Hermeticism, also called Hermetism, is a religious, philosophical, and esoteric tradition based primarily upon writings attributed to Hermes Trismegistus (“Thrice Great”). Hermes Trismegistus, lived in Ancient Egypt in the earliest days of this civilization. He later become one of their gods, receiving the name Thoth. Some say that the word “thought”, comes from the name of this God of wisdom, science, and writing. In Ancient Greece, Hermes Trismegistus also joined the Greek pantheon of gods, taking the name Hermes. The greatest secret laws were handed down in the 7 Hermetic Principles. These are the Principles, taught by Thoth, that governs our material and spiritual life. Knowing these principles, the Universal Laws, shall open your insights to the deeper spiritual nature of reality. I will also show you how to use these principles in a practical manner. When you understand these laws, you will be able to Use it instead of being Used by it.
1. The Principle of Mentalism – “All is mind, the Universe is Mental.”
2. The Principle of Correspondence – “As above, so below; as below, so above”.
3. The Principle of Vibration – “Nothing rests, everything moves, everything vibrates.”
4. The Principle of Polarity – “Everything is Dual; everything has poles, everything has its pair of opposites.”
5. The Principle of Rhythm – “Everything flows out and in; everything has its tides; all things rise and fall; the pendulum swing manifests in everything; the measure of the swing to the right is the measure of the wring to the left; rhythm compensates.”
6. The Principle of Cause and Effect – “Every Cause has its Effect; every Effect has its Cause; everything happens according to Law; Chance is but a name for Law not recognized; there are many planes of causation, but nothing escapes the Law.”
7. The Principle of Gender – “Gender is in everything; everything has its Masculine and Feminine Principles; Gender manifests on all planes.”